Q + A Skincare Niacinamide Toner Review
One of the best reviewed products from Q + A Skincare is their Niacinamide toner. A product that focuses on a cult ingredient while incorporating it with several skin loving constituents like Aloe leaf juice and honeysuckle to increase its efficacy in hydrating, healing and calming down the skin. Niacinamide as an ingredient is known for its pore minimizing, tightening and blemish reducing abilities. This toner is less of an astringent but more so a hydrating and repairing toner.
- It retails for $32 FJD
- Available in 100ml only
- Cruelty free
- Fragrance free
- Alcohol free
- 4% Natural Formula
- Made in the UK
- Ideal for all skin types
- Sold online @NEXUSFJ
Niacinamide – this ingredient is a powerhouse for fighting blemishes and reducing the appearance of pore size, it also regulates sebum production giving an overall even tone and texture to the skin. It is one of the safest actives due to its stability in skincare which makes it ideal for all skin types without causing irritation or sensitivity.
Aloe Leaf Juice (Aloe Barbadensis) – this ingredient has anti-inflammatory properties which calms and heals the skin.
Glycerin – is a great humectant which acts as a water magnet to provide the skin with hydration and plumps it giving a youthful appearance. Another effective humectant is hyaluronic acid which also boasts the same benefits and the plumping and hydration is instant.
It comes in a plastic bottle with a disk top cap which dispenses the toner. The bottle comes in a recyclable paper packaging.
(Insert image of bottle and packaging)
- Product texture and scent
The toner is of a runny consistency like traditional toners and has no detectable scent to it.
The toner once applied to the skin, dries down to a semi matte finish however, if excess is used it can cause the product to foam up. In either case, the toner soaks into the skin within 2-5mins and gives a glow.
TIP: The product contains humectants which perform best on damp skin and allow the skin to retain optimum moisture. Apply the toner on damp skin and follow up with a hydrating moisturizer.
It is recommended to use by dabbing a few drops into a cotton pad and applying to the skin.
TIP: Use such toners without a cotton pad, dispense it onto your palms and pat it onto the skin to prevent the cotton pad from absorbing majority of the product.
Aqua (Water), Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Glycerin, Niacinamide, Sodium Hyaluronate, Xylitol, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Extract, Lonicera Japonica (Japanese Honeysuckle) Extract, Betaine, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Citric Acid.
I like how the product is runny and absorbs into the skin without leaving a sticky feel or any white residue on the skin. It performs best on damp skin and hydrates instantly. It has helped calm my inflammation down and give my skin a glow.
One week Check-in
This product is a staple in my everyday routine because:
- It has soothed my inflammation
- It helped reduce oiliness
- It gives a glow to the skin
- Refined my pores around the nose and cheek area
- Is hydrating on its own and does not strip the skin off of moisture/natural oils
- Applies and performs well under makeup and does not disrupt it
- Works well under sunscreen
- Absorbs quickly
- Does not contain any fragrance/artificial scents
- Packaging is secure for travelling
- The product is clear in color and absorbs completely which makes it Skin of Color friendly
- Is inclusive of skin barrier repair ingredients
- This Product can also be used for ingrown hairs on the arms and legs to soothe the inflammation
- Is Sun friendly, does not cause photosensitivity
- Its lightweight and nongreasy
Things to Note
- The product can get sticky if used in excessive amounts
- The toner applies and works best on moist/damp skin
- The toner requires some absorption time such as 1-2 minutes before layering another product overtop.
- This product can be used as a treatment product as well as an everyday product because of its versatility.
- The toner dries down to a dewy finish
Disclaimer: This review on the Q +A Skincare Niacinamide toner is solely based on my experience with the product. This post is in no way sponsored. The product was purchased by me.
- Will this product cause purging? No, this product will not cause purging because it does not contain 100% of any actives and is formulated with other hydrating and soothing ingredients.
- How long does it take to see results? The hydration and soothing effects will be instant however, Niacinamide requires around 4-8 weeks to of consistent use to show pore minimizing and oil controlling effects. Please note that this is also unique to one’s skin and age.
- Is this product good for acne prone skin? This product can be a great addition to an acne prone persons routine because it can help calm inflammation and redness on the skin while healing it.
- When to use it? It can be used twice daily, morning and night after cleansing and before moisturizer.
- Is it safe to use for outdoors? Yes, Niacinamide and Hyaluronic acid are both safe under sun exposure because it is an antioxidant so it also helps repair sun damage while protecting against the ultraviolet rays of the sun.
Upon using this product for 11 days, I can see my skin being plump and hydrated and the redness being toned down, the minimal scars have faded and it is less inflamed and glowy, the oiliness has reduced to a great extent and the appearance of large pores around the nose and cheek area have minimized. (Once I use it for an entire month then I can add more to this)
Please feel free to ask any of your queries.